**Note: Recording files can be played back by the visualizer, but can also be opened with a simple text editor or excel. Be careful when manually manipulating data in the file, as alterations to the format will prevent it from opening again in the visualizer.
Recording Scan Data
1. Navigate to the "Device" tab and connect to the device.
2. Expand the "Command Controls" sub-panel.
3. Press the "START" button under the "Data Acquisition" section to begin acquiring data. Verify that data acquisition is active via the message box at the bottom of the "Command Controls" sub-panel.
4. Press the "RECORD" button once to begin recording data. The button will turn red to indicate that recording is active.
5. Press the "RECORD" button again to stop recording data. A dialog box should open automatically prompting the user to specify a location to save the file.
6. Specify a name for the file and save it.
**Note: By default, if you do not include an extension in the filename, the file will be saved as a standard ".csv" (comma separated values) file. You could alternatively specify "filename.json" when saving the file, to save a JSON formatted file instead.