Recording Scan Data
To record scan data:
1. Navigate to the "Device" tab and connect to the device.
2. Press the "START" button under the "Data Acquisition" section to begin acquiring data.
3. Press the "RECORD" button once to begin recording data. The button will turn red to indicate that recording is active.
4. Press the "RECORD" button again to stop recording data. A dialog box should open automatically prompting the user to specify a location to save the file.
5. Specify a name for the file and save it.
**Note: By default, if you do not include an extension in the filename, the file will be saved with the .scd extension. This is a custom extension name, but the file is a simple JSON file. You could alternatively specify "filename.json" when saving the file, to use a .json extension instead. Either way the files have identical contents.
**Note: As of version 0.10.0, the Sweep Visualizer supports recording to simple CSV (comma separated values) file format. To save a file as a .csv, simply specify "filename.csv" when saving the file. This file can be played back by the visualizer, but can also be opened with a simple text editor or excel. Be careful when manually manipulating data in the file, as alterations to the format will prevent it from opening again in the visualizer.