This article covers the basics of interacting with a Sweep device using the Sweep Visualizer application. Detailed instructions for viewing data can be found in a separate article here.
Connecting to a Sweep Device:
Before using the Sweep device with the Visualizer software, be sure that the device's port is not open in any other programs or utilities.
1. Close any open recording files or connected devices
2. Navigate to the "Device" tab in the main sidebar
3. Select the Sweep device using the drop down menu
The device name will differ by operating system.
|Operating System||Naming Convention|
Note: If you do NOT see the device listed, make sure it is connected and press the "Scan Ports" button underneath the port selection drop down.
4. Once the port is selected, press the "CONNECT TO SENSOR" button.
5. Once connected, the device tab will show 4 collapsible sub-panels. The "Command Controls" sub-panel will be expanded by default.
|Render Settings||Adjust how visualized data is rendered (size/color etc.)|
|Command Controls||Interact with the connected device|
|Miscellaneous Controls||Other controls|
|Firmware Update||Update the firmware for the connected device|
6. To disconnect the sensor, simply hit the "DISCONNECT SENSOR" button.
Transmitting Simple Commands:
The "Command Controls" sub-panel contains all the controls for sending commands to the device, and viewing the responses.
To transmit a simple command, select it from the dropdown and hit "Send"
You should see a response at the bottom of the "Command Controls" sub-panel, indicating the type of receipt, along with a user friendly summary of the receipt's contents.
Adjusting Motor Speed/Sample Rate:
**NOTE: Before adjusting motor speed, ensure the motor is ready. Check that the blue LED on the device is NOT blinking, or use the "Motor Ready" command to query if the motor is ready.
1. Use the dropdown to select a setting
2. Press the "Adjust" button
3. Check the receipt message to see if the command was processed correctly
Detailed instructions for viewing data can be found in a separate article here.
Detailed instructions for recording data can be found in a separate article here.
Detailed instructions for updating firmware can be found in a separate article here.