Obtaining the Software:
If you do not already have the Sweep Visualizer installed, follow the directions here.
The Sweep Visualizer is a minimal desktop application for interfacing with the Sweep device. It provides a user-friendly starting point for connecting to the device, visualizing scan data, and upgrading firmware.
Open the application and you'll see a main visualizer on the right and a navigable sidebar on the left.
The sidebar consists of 5 tabs:
- Device - Collect data from a Sweep device
- Playback - Playback a recording file
- Map - Build a map from multiple pointclouds, or add an underlay/background scan
- Settings - Change the visualizer settings
- Perception - Test simple perception algorithms
The main visualizer window consists of 2 tabs:
- Visualizer - Visualize data in graphical format.
- Data Table - Visualize data in table format.
The main visualizer window defaults to a perspective view with free camera controls. Use the mouse to navigate the camera with the followings controls:
- Pan - Right Mouse Button + drag
- Orbit - Left Mouse Button + drag
- Zoom - Mouse Scroll Wheel
You can reset the camera view or switch to any orthographic view with the buttons and drop down at the top of the Visualizer window.