Checking the Firmware Version of your Device
The SWEEP VISUALIZER application makes it easy to check the firmware version of your device. As long as you're connected to the internet, the application will compare the installed firmware version to the latest release, and a popup will notify you if an updated firmware is available. Alternatively, transmitting a "Version Info" command to a connected device will display details about the installed firmware version, which you can check against the latest release listed on the Scanse website.
Obtaining Firmware Files
The latest firmware file can be downloaded directly from http://scanse.io/downloads
(Note: Previous versions can be obtained by altering the version in the download link)
Updating the Firmware
**NOTE: Older versions of the SWEEP VISUALIZER application contained a bug that complicated the firmware update procedure. Please be sure to download the latest version of the SWEEP VISUALIZER before attempting a firmware upgrade.
The process for installing newer or older versions of firmware is the same.
1. Download the firmware file you wish to install, and save it somewhere you'll remember.
2. Make sure the sweep device is plugged in.
3. Navigate to the "Device" tab, and connect to the device.
4. Expand the "Firmware Update" sub-panel, and press the "Update Firmware" button.
5. In the file browser, navigate to the location where you saved the downloaded firmware file, and select the firmware file.
6. The firmware update should begin automatically. An update takes around 90 seconds on a desktop computer. You can track the progress on the progress bar.
**Note: While the firmware is uploading, do not disconnect the device or attempt to use other features of the SweepVisualizer application.
7. When the update is complete, the device will reset automatically. A green popup will indicate a successful firmware update. You can verify the firmware version by connecting to the device again.
In Case of Failed Firmware Update:
If the firmware update fails for any reason, or the device is disconnected during the update, you should still be able to update the firmware a second time.
- Restart the application
- Connect to the device
- Disregard the message saying "Device Not Responding".
- Go straight down to the firmware section and attempt another firmware upgrade.