To install the Sweep Visualizer, head to the Downloads page.
Select the download for your operating system.
Follow the instructions below for your particular operating system.
In order for Sweep to transmit data correctly on Windows, you must change the default byte size and latency timer setting for the serial to USB adapter driver. See instructions here.
- Double-click the downloaded file 'SweepVisualizerSetup' to install. The app will launch once installed.
- To open SweepVisualizer when it's not already open, double-click the SweepVisualizer icon on your Windows Desktop.
Users will need to manually install a driver for the serial to usb adapter here.
- In your Downloads folder, double-click the SweepVisualizer-x.x.x-macOS.dmg to reveal the Sweep Visualizer app icon.
- Drag and drop the Sweep Visualizer app icon over to your Applications folder.
- To launch Sweep Visualizer, double-click the Sweep Visualizer icon in your Applications folder.
Linux - Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit)
- In your Downloads folder, double-click the downloaded file 'sweepvisualizer-x.x.x-amd64.deb'. It will open the Ubuntu Software Center.
- Click the install button and enter your password.
User will need to add their user to the dialout group in order to gain permissions for access to the adapter device. Enter the following on the command line with 'username' replaced with your actual username.
sudo adduser ‘username’ dialout
You will need to logout and log back in for the change to take effect.
- To run SweepVisualizer, use the Ubuntu search and look for the SweepVisualizer icon.